Wednesday, June 15, 2011

2 in 1 day! More flowers!

Ok... A day to get caught up :)
Just this past week, I made trip to the Oregon Gardens with a wonderful friend, Teresa. It had to be the nicest day so far this year. Well that had its benefits and challenges!

Still new to macro photography and plants, what felt like pleasant breeze equaled tornado like winds when you are trying to capture a macro shot. And of course my tripod is in need of repair. Hand holding my camera with 105mm lens steady was no easy task to do, so I could be ready for the brief second the wind would stop long enough to capture an image.

The sun that I have been so happy to see peaking out from behind the clouds every so often was out in full force! This meant not much was in the shade. At noon the light on the flowers was quite intense giving strong contrast.

But any day to get out and play with my camera is absolutely worth it and I couldn't have asked for better company! It was a wonderful day and I look forward to my next adventure!

3 comments:

Dawn Kowalewski Photography said...

Nice blog posts Tori!

Teresa Hunt Photography said...

These look great Tori! I had a lot of fun too. Now I need to get my blog post done. :)

Tori Gonzalez said...

I am so bad at blogging, but trying to get better :)